Debbie Wright Bridal Hair & Makeup is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely as well as understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised experience.
We have published this notice to help you understand
- how and why we collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis; and
- what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Debbie Wright Bridal Hair & Makeup will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means the Wright Bridal Hair & Makeup determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
This privacy notice was last updated on 17thNovember 2018.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about news, special offers and improvements to our website. We will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information when you visit, sign-up to our newsletters or send us your contact details through a web form.
We do not share your information with companies outside of Debbie Wright Bridal Hair & Makeup for their marketing purposes.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the Data Protection Officer at our postal address or by sending a message to email@example.com. You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is being processed.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from Debbie Wright Bridal Hair & Makeup, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how we use them and the choices you have in regard to their use.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as setting up an account cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can’t identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet but do help us to serve you with advertising that is more relevant to you.
Targeted Marketing Cookies
If you would like more information on any of these types of Cookies, including how to opt-out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/
- They enable you to transact, whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant content to show you.
- To personalise and improve your experience.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. We use this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the services we provide.
- To ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor. We use First Party cookies (these are placed there and used solely by us) and Third Party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/. For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
Can I turn off cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Details of our Third Party Cookies
We allow selected Third Parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site.
For details of the Third Party cookies we use please see below. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we advise that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Targeting purposes.
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Connect
- Facebook Custom Audiences
- Bing Ads
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
This Cookie Notice was last updated on 26th July 2018, and further changes will be communicated by updating this notice.
Should you need to contact us please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org