The benefits of having your makeup professionally done…
So we all know how we want to look. We see it in the magazines and on the tv. But the reality of achieving a flawless, finished look yourself is somewhat challenging.
On your wedding day, you want your makeup to look perfect, this takes time and steady hands. You will be smiling constantly may have the odd tipple of champagne (notorious for creating rosy cheeks) and have photographs that will last a lifetime.
The camera never lies and will accentuate any impurities or blemishes that may pop up! Having some makeup on will help to camouflage and hide anything you don’t want to see.
Even if you are someone who doesn’t ever wear makeup (lucky you) I would strongly advise that you wear it on your wedding day. I would never over apply and make you feel uncomfortable, but just enhance your natural beauty.
The reality on the morning of your wedding is often not how you’ve planned it, with last minute issues to think about and your own nerves. This is why I got into bridal makeup.
I was visiting a bride and her 4 bridesmaids at her home. All was calm. All was well, until her father showed up. He saw her hair and was literally overcome with emotion! This, in turn, led to the bride having a wave of emotion hit her and she couldn’t stop physically shaking. She asked me to do her makeup and of course I did!
I loved it….creating the whole look was an amazing process for me and this led me into doing more and more…..
Nerves are funny old things, they can hit you when you least expect them!
I offer 2 types of bridal makeup. One is a traditional liquid makeup applied with brushes and sponges and the other type is airbrush makeup which is applied using a small airbrush.
- Liquid, cream or pressed powder that is applied with a sponge or brushes
- it can be a sheer tint of coverage or combined with other properties to create a makeup that targets specific problem areas
- Typically not waterproof and will rub off on clothing, and may need occasional touch ups throughout the evening
- Applied with a small air brush machine that produces a thin even layer of makeup and creates a matte, flawless finish
- Lightweight, invisible look with full coverage, water resistant
- Will not come off with hugs of sweat, tears or humidity. It will not transfer onto clothing and wont go anywhere until you take it off… just remember to blot tears not wipe!!
- Suitable for all skin types and lasts all day
- In professional photographs it looks amazing
- Since its such a fine mist applied, your true skin tone shows through which makes it look more natural